Updated on December 16th, 2014
Intended Use of
JINS Eyewear US, Inc. ("JINS") uses customers' personal information provided by customers for the following purposes.
- Sending information about purchase history, etc. to customers
- Offering information for reference purposes when a customer is selecting lenses
- Collection and return of payments for products purchased online
- Sending notifications of delivery of products
- Delivery of products requested
- Sending information on JINS' products, services and various campaigns
- Improvement and development of products and services of JINS
- Sending other information on products as part of our sales after-service
If you disagree with any of the purposes indicated above, please contact the following to notify your disagreement. Otherwise, we will assume that you have agreed to our use of personal information for the stated purposes. You may cancel or change your notification at any time.
Disclosure and Provision of
to a Third Party
In principle, JINS does not disclose nor provide customers' personal information to any third party; provided, however, that JINS may disclose or provide customers' personal information in the following cases.
- When the customer has agreed to such disclosure or provision
- When the disclosure of information is necessary to protect the customer's life, health or assets but it is difficult to obtain agreement from the customer
- When the disclosure or provision of information is particularly necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound development of a child but it is difficult to obtain concurrence from the customer
- When the disclosure or provision of information is necessary in supporting the efforts of a state or local governmental organization or the party receiving consignment thereof to carry out the administrative process required by law, but obtaining agreement of the customer may interfere with the execution of the said administrative process
- When outsourcing all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party within the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use set
- When the obligation of JINS to disclose or provide information is stipulated by law or the disclosure or provision of information is permitted by law
- When the customer makes a purchase or request for a product or service of JINS or a third party through JINS, and JINS is asked by the third party or the shipping company to provide the necessary information
- When transferring information in connection with JINS' transfer of all or part of its sales operations to a third party, or providing information to a third party as part of a business succession associated with a merger, company split or other circumstances
- When disclosing or providing information in a way that customers cannot be individually identified
In the event there is a risk that the rights and assets of JINS or a prudent third party may be damaged due to the customer's illegal act or violation of contract with JINS and JINS acknowledges that disclosure of information is necessary to suspend the illegal act or violation or to avoid any damage from occurring or increasing
- Use of Statistical Data
- JINS may, based on personal information obtained, prepare statistical data in ways so that individuals cannot be identified and use such data without restriction.
Personal Information of
- In regard to personal information of underage customers, please provide your information only if there is agreement from your parent/guardian.
Do Not Track Notice
- We do not collect or track your information over time and across third party websites, and therefore we do not respond to "do not track" (DNT) signals. Third parties that have content or services on our website, such a social feature or analytics service, may obtain information about your usage of this website, but these third parties cannot collect any of your personally identifiable information from our website unless you directly provide it to them. We never share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Party Handling Personal
The following party shall duly handle and manage personal information provided.
JINS Eyewear US, Inc.
Inquiries about Personal
If you have any requests or questions regarding handling of personal information, including disclosure, correction, discontinuance of use, deletion, etc. of personal data you have provided, please contact the following.
JIN Personal Information Protection Helpdesk
- Changes and Notification
JINS may alter the content of "Handling of Personal Information" herein without any prior notice. JINS discloses the latest information in its stores and on this company website (URL = http://www.jin-co.com/) at all times. Therefore, please check the updated information periodically.
- Supervision over Contractors
- JINS may outsource the handling of personal information to an outside party for the purpose of providing customers with our services. When doing so, JINS selects a sub-contractor which is recognized to handle personal information appropriately, instructs the sub-contractor to manage and protect personal information in a proper manner and supervises the sub-contractor.
Compliance with the Act
on the Protection of Personal
Information and Other Laws
- JINS complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations, guidelines issued by relevant authorities and internal rules.
Special Rules on Personal
Information of Applicants for
This provision is applicable to persons who apply for job openings posted by JINS (such persons hereafter as “Applicants for Employment") through the website operated by JINS (http://corp.jins.com/) (hereinafter, "the Website"). For matters not defined in this provision, the provisions of the Private Policy shall apply.
(1) Intended use of personal information
JINS uses personal information of Applicants for Employment provided by Applicants for Employment via the Website or other means, (personal information of Applicants for Employment provided by recruiters, schools, recommenders and other information providers), and results of interviews and examinations (the aforesaid collectively referred to as "Information on Applicants for Employment") for purposes of screening and hiring process and provision of hiring information to Applicants for Employment. When an applicant is hired, the personal information of Applicant for Employment is used for purposes of human resources management and labor relations. JINS may extract from Information on Applicants for Employment data based on which individuals cannot be identified and use such data to compile statistics and to perform analysis as part of hiring activities.
(2) Use of Information on Applicants for Employment and provision of information to a third party
JINS will not use the résumés (personal information of Applicants for Employment) obtained in the course of the screening process for purposes other than JINS' hiring operation. In regard to the personal information of individuals who are not hired as a result of the screening process, JINS will be responsible for securely disposing of the information after the passing of a certain period of time determined by JINS.
- To provide customized services for each customer by referring to the customer information stored when the customer logs in to an authorized service
- To present the most appropriate advertisements on sites of other companies based on the interests of customers and the use of JINS' Website
- To track the number of visitors to the Website and examine the traffic
- To improve the services of JINS
- For ensuring security, to encourage customers to reenter his/her password (reauthorize) after a certain period of time has passed from initial access JINS may, based on the entrustment of delivery of JINS' advertisements to a third party, store and refer to JINS' cookies via the third party.